Monday, February 22, 2016

Eggs benedict with yogurt sauce

I love eggs benedict with Hollandaise sauce but once I started looking at the recipe to make it at home, I backed off. The sauce is soooo super high in calories, so I went looking for a substitute sauce and ...I found a yogurt sauce recipe and I made it and ate it and yum yum yum

Yogurt sauce for Poached eggs
Eggs benedict
                                              
Yogurt sauce for poached eggs              
Ingredients:


  1. 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
  2. 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  3. 1 teaspoon each of horseradish sauce, boar's head delicatessen style mustard (optional)
  4. 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to to taste, turmeric, fresh dill (optional)
Mix them all together and set aside until ready to serve

Poach the egg.

Bring a pot of water to gentle boil. Crack an egg into a small bowl and drop it into the water by placing the small bowl touching the water and dropping the egg into the water. Poach for 6-7 minutes. Drain on a paper towel. Serve on a toasted English muffin topped with the yogurt sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment