Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bisquick biscuits

I have tried making biscuits from scratch quite a number of times and I could never get them right. But this time I had the Bisquick original mix at hand and I tried the biscuit recipes and they turned out great.

But I don't like the pancakes made with this mix. They are too dry for my and my kids taste. So I would have to somehow make more biscuits and finish the whole 5 lbs of the mix

And by the way, 2 1/4 cups of bisquick mix makes 9 biscuits

Bisquick biscuits


Bisquick Biscuits
 
Ingredients
1. 2 1/4 cup bisquick original mix
2. 3/4 cup milk

Mix the bisquick and mix with a light hand until it forms dough. Knead it on a surface which has been sprinkled with bisquick for 10 times exactly. ( supposedly if you knead it more the biscuits will become hard)
Pre heat the oven at 425 degrees ( since I am using a dark cookie sheet. Otherwise heat to 450 degrees)
Roll the dough to 1/4 inch thick and cut into circles using a cookie cutter. Stack two biscuits and bake for 9-11 minutes

To heat the leftover biscuits wrap them loosely in a foil and heat at 225 degrees for 10 minutes

Serve with butter, jam, gravy or an omelet places in the center and making a sandwich. Yum yum breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment