Saturday, January 22, 2022

Baked Eggplant Parmesan

 I have been wanting to make this dish for the longest time, but I just can't bring myself up to make something easily which has frying involved in it. I found this recipe with baked eggplants and it turned out pretty awesome. The eggs plants were melt in your mouth delicious.


Baked Eggplant Parmesan

Baked Eggplant Parmesan

Ingredients:

  1. 1 American eggplant peeled and sliced 1/2 cm thick
  2. 2 eggs beaten
  3. 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
  4. 1/2-3/4 cup all purpose flour
  5. 1/4-1/2 cup parmesan cheese
  6. 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  7. 11/2-2 cups marinara sauce (I used Ragu old fashioned)
  8. 1/2-1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded 
Set up the dredging stations. 1. Flour mixed with pepper 2. Beaten eggs 3. Bread crumbs.
Have a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray ready.
Dredge the egg plan slices in the flour on both side. Dip in egg and dredge with breadcrumbs on both side. Press it gently in the breadcrumbs so that they stick.
Pre heat oven to 375 degrees. Bake the eggplants 5 minutes on each side.

Prepare a baking dish with some marinara sauce spread at the bottom. The layer with the baked eggplant slices. Add some mozzarella and a spoonful of marinara and some parmesan cheese. (I did not add a lot of the cheese , as one of the diners' at home doesn't like too much cheese). Repeat the layers. 
At the top I added more marinara sauce so as not to show to cheese (again for the picky cheese eater in my house)
Bake it at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Let it cool for 5 minutes and enjoy.

I served with Beef Stagganoff

No comments:

Post a Comment