Saturday, January 16, 2021

Raagi Idli

 Its seems like there is a fad going on in my family circle recently...everything Raagi. My extended family has been experimenting with Raagi batter making different foods with it. I made Raagi dosa, my cousin made Raagi idli. So, now it was my turn and here it is.

They were pretty yummy...especially with the Carrot Coconut Chutney I made. If you do not like coconut, here is just Carrot Cutney


Raagi Idli (Steamed cakes made of Millet and Lentils)

Raagi Idli

Ingredients:

  1. 1 cup Raagi flour
  2. 1/2 cup Urad Dal Flour
  3. 1/2 cup Rice flour
  4. 1/2-3/4 teaspoon salt
  5. 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Mix all the ingredients of the batter except Baking soda with 1-2 cups of water. The batter should be thicker than pancake batter. Set it in a warm place over night. (As this is winter in the North American continent...I leave it in the oven with the light on)
In the morning mix the batter and check for consistency. Add the baking soda and mix well. Add the batter to the idli molds and steam for 17 minutes. Let it rest for 10 more minutes. Enjoy with Chutney



1 comment:

  1. I will try this recipe next time Mammu. Thank you. ��

    ReplyDelete