Sunday, November 25, 2018

Brussel Sprouts with Nuts and Cranberries

Its the Thanksgiving meal time again and the search for that perfect side dish continues and I think I found it this time.
Brussel Sprouts are alright...they are not one of my favs. But the recipe by Alton Brown was great. Everyone in the house loved it.

The original recipe has only pecans in it, but since I did not have enough pecans on hand, I added some walnuts to it and it was great. Also I reduced the amount of butter. SO here is my take

Brussel Sprouts with Nuts and Cranberries 
Brussel Sprouts with nuts and cranberries
Ingredients:

  1. lb fresh Brussels sprout, rinsed and trimmed
  2. 1/4 cup each of chopped pecans and walnuts, cranberries
  3. 1-11/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  4. 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, fresh ground pepper

Half the Brussels sprouts and slice them. In a non stick pan toast the nuts on medium low until you smell the aroma...2-3 minutes.
Add the butter and stir to combine. Add the Brussels sprouts, salt and pepper and cook, stirring continually, until the color brightens and the sprouts are just tender, approximately 6 minutes.
Cut the heat, add the cranberries, mix to combine and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment