Saturday, March 18, 2017

Southwest sweet peppers Pinwheels

At the super market there was a good deal on mini sweet peppers today. I have always wanted to try them, so I thought today was a good day to try them and I got them. The recipe I choose to make with them was pinwheels. This is my own recipe and the pinwheels were quite popular at my house hold. They were all gone and I am happy

Southwest sweet peppers Pinwheels 
SouthWest Mini Pepper Pinwheels
Sweet pepper pinwheels

Ingredients:
  1. 4 oz  cream cheese,( 1/2 package) softened
  2. 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  3. 6-8 sweet peppers roasted
  4. 4 deli slices turkey (optional)
  5. 1/4 cup canned southwest corn with pablano
  6. 1/4 teaspoon each of salt, black pepper
  7. 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, lemon juice
  8. Lettuce and sliced cucumber 
  9. of your fav flavored tortillas (I used sun dried tomato tortillas)

  10. Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the sweet peppers into halves and seed them. Spray a cooking spray and lay the pepper haves and roast at 15 minutes . Chop them peppers.
Mix all the ingredients except the cucumbers and lettuce. Heat the tortillas for 15 seconds. Spread half of the cream cheese spread on the tortilla, layer with lettuce and cucumber and roll them carefully.

Cut them about 1/2 inch to 1/3 inch slices and your pinwheels are ready to be enjoyed 

No comments:

Post a Comment