Friday, August 29, 2014

Lamb chops with pilaf

Long time ago I got lamb chops from one if the halal markets and I made them. Boy! Did they fly

After that I never got them again because they were so expensive . This time I went to get the meat and there were lamb chops pre packaged, expensive of course but I got them. And man do they taste good

To serve them I made a simple salad and Mediterranean pilaf with about 1/4 cup wheat. Those wheat gave the pilaf anice chewy   texture. Loved it. So here is the recipes

Lamb chops


Ingredients
  • 1. 2 lbs lamb chops (about 12)
  • 2.1 table spoon plain yogurt
  • 3. 2 table spoons oil
  • 4. 1 teaspoon salt, chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, ginger garlic paste
  • 5. 1/2 teaspoon turmeric, garam masala

Directions

Mix all the ingredients together except oil and marinate the chops 1 hr to overnight. In a cooker heat one table spoon oil, add the chops and 1/8 cup water and cook for three whistles. Let the steam escape and open the cooker.  


This is to make the chops a little less tough because I am serving them to kids with loose teeth.


Heat the remaining oil in a flat pan and dump all the contents of the cooker to it. Fry the chops till the water evaporates and then they become dark in color. Serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy

1 comment: