Thursday, July 17, 2014

Churro bites

I needed to make some sweet dish but I was bored with the usual Indian sweets that are made to offer during prayers. When I was searching I came across this recipe of Churros and I tried it. It is easy and the churros came out great.
                      Only thing is, next time I will modify the way I pipe the dough into the oil because I did not have a pastry bag, I used a ziplock as one of the comments suggested, but mine tore midway. So I just rolled it into a rope and cut it into bite size churros. Perfect for the little hands at home

Churro Bites (Fried dough rolled in Cinnamon sugar)
Churro bites

Cinnamon sugar

Ingredients:

  1. 1 cup each of water and all purpose flour
  2. 1 tablespoon each of sugar and oil
  3. 1/3 teaspoon salt
  4. Oil for deep frying
  5. 1/3-1/2 up sugar
  6. 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
In a pan over medium high heat, mix the water with salt and sugar and bring to boil. Remove from heat. Add the flour and mix 30-60 seconds until it becomes a ball. Heat oil in a frying pan and pipe the dough into 3-4 inch long fingers or bite size pieces , as you prefer, fry till golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.

Mix the sugar with cinnamon and roll the churros in it. Enjoy warm

No comments:

Post a Comment