Thursday, October 10, 2013

Tuna chunks in coconut gravy


The other day when I went fishing...in the super market I found Tuna and I got two big pieces. One I cut up into medium size chunks and made curry and the other I cut up into medallions and fried them

Today I wanted to eat a gravy based curry with my fried rice. So the tuna was made into a Thai flavored curry in coconut sauce with broccoli and it was great


Ingredients

1 lb tuna cut into chunks
2-3 cups broccoli florets
2 medium small tomatoes cut into wedges
2 cup lite coconut milk or 1 cup regular coconut milk+ 1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup very finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon red curry paste (optional)
1 teaspoon grated garlic and ginger
1 tablespoon each of soy sauce, white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt or less
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder

In a pan heat the oil and fry the onions for a couple of minutes. Add ginger and garlic and the red Thai curry paste if using and fry for 5 minutes. Add all the ingredients and bring to a a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and give a taste test. Adjust the salt and tangyness. Enjoy with white or fried rice





No comments:

Post a Comment