Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Apple Cider with Apple Juice

Today has been an especially cold day or I am feeling it. I am recovering from cold and I am not hungry but thirsty, thirsty and very thirsty.  And it being so cold I don't want to drink anything cold. I started searching for Apple Cider or Cyder which is usually had during the cold months.

I have never had hot Cider before and had no idea hot it is supposed to taste. But after looking at the recipes I thought I is a good cure for cold, with all the spices and everything.

And since I did not have any apple cider I used store bought apple juice and substituted orange for Tang. I guess the traditional cider makers will be very upset with me. But hey! whatever works. And now I am sitting all nice and warm from the hot cider

Apple Cider with Apple Juice
Apple Cider with Apple Juice

Ingredients:

  1. 3 cups Apple juice for tots
  2. 1/2 tablespoon honey
  3. 1/2 inch ginger sliced thin (use more if you like)
  4. 4-6 cinnamon sticks broken
  5. 4-6 cloves (I am leaving this out)
  6. 4 strips of only yellow rind from lemon
  7. 1 heaped teaspoon orange tang
Add all the ingredients to a pot and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low for 12 minutes. Uncover and simmer for 5 more minutes. Let cool a bit and Happy Cider!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment