Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Latte Lite

Yeah, Pumpkin season is here and the weather is surely getting cooler and the days are getting shorter. I am sooooo waiting for the day light savings to begin, just so I can have one more hour of sleep. But, I am pretty sure its not going to happen. Because my kids will be up on that Sunday on time based on their biological clock in their heads. I wish it was a Monday, because then nobody can wake up the kids. And they will sleep till afternoon

Anyway, there was this article about making a Pumpkin Spice Latte at home on Yahoo.com the other day. And I just had to try it. I made a few changes to the recipe (Roll Eyes...as Usual!!!) and the Latte was delicious. I hope you will try it too and DO let me know, when you get a chance

I am using Splenda here instead of sugar but not saying this as Sugar free because Pumpkin Puree has its natural sugars in it. SO its just Lite


Pumpkin Spice Latte (Spiced up Latte with Pumpkin Puree)
Pumpkin Spice Latte Lite

Ingredients:

  1. 2 heaped teaspoons canned pumpkin puree
  2. 3/4 cup 1 % milk
  3. 1/4 cup water
  4. Instant coffee depending on how strong you want 1 cup of coffee
  5. 1 splenda
  6. 1/4 teaspoon each of vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom powders
In a pan heat the milk and add all the ingredients and whisk for 4-5 minutes. Add this to a cup and sprinkle with some nutmeg. Let it cool a bit and enjoy on a cold evening




No comments:

Post a Comment