Friday, July 27, 2012

Coconut Ladoo

My Daadi Ammi or Grandma used to make this sweet with grated fresh coconut and in those days it was not one of my fav orites. But today I was craving something from the old times and I started searching for the recipe of LAUZ (thats what it was called in my household) and I found the recipe which is different from what my DaadiAmmi used to make. None-the-less I made it and it tastes great.

Narial Ladoo (Coconut balls made with milk and sugar)
Narial Ladoo


Ingredients:

  1. 2 cups grated coconut (fresh or if frozen thawed)
  2. 1 cup brown sugar
  3. 2 cups whole milk
  4. 2 green cardamom pounded
  5. 1 tablespoon ghee or clarified butter
In a heavy bottomed pan roast the coconut till it turns into light brown. Take it out and set aside. Heat the milk and simmer till it becomes half of the original volume. Add the sugar and simmer further for 5-7 more minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and keep stirring till it comes together. Cut the heat and let it cool till it becomes cool enough to handle. Wet your palms and make them into balls. Enjoy Coconut Ladoo

No comments:

Post a Comment